5 Goals of EnCourage
In recognition of the irreplaceable role of the family in attaining an understanding of the homosexual condition and embracing a life of chastity, EnCourage was founded. As an apostolate of Courage, and flowing from its central purpose, EnCourage provides pastoral care to family members and friends of persons with SSA, aimed at assisting them:
- to grow spiritually through spiritual reading, prayer, meditation, individual spiritual direction, frequent attendance at Mass, and the frequent reception of the Sacraments of Penance and Holy Eucharist;
- to gain a deeper understanding of the needs, difficulties, and challenges experienced by men and women with SSA;
- to establish and maintain a healthy and wholesome relationship with their loved ones with SSA;
- to assist other family members and friends to reach out with compassion and truth, and not to reject, their loved ones with SSA;
- to witness to their loved ones by their own lives that fulfillment is to be found in Jesus Christ through His Body, the Church.
Above: Fr. John Harvey, OSFS speaks to EnCourage parents.